Sunday 14 April 2013

Update from the Hospital.

I forgot to say on my last post that I have now seen the Urology Doctor and it has been decided that I will have a CT scan carried out and also a Cystoscopy.
They did a special scan whilst I was there to find out if my bladder was emptying properly and it showed that it was only emptying by 76%. The Dr believes this is why I keep getting UTI's as urine is staying in my bladder for a length of time and bacteria is being produced. The Nurse also tested my urine and once again I have a bad UTI, so I'm on yet another course of antibiotics. This time very strong ones... hopefully they will clear it up, but for how long.. who knows! They think that I may have some kind of blockage, stone or narrowing of one of my tubes. Hopefully, they will be able to find the cause and treat it pretty fast. I would like to be able to go back to work some time next month... Wishful thinking I know.
I am dreading having the CT scan done as I am slightly claustrophobic. I also have to have some special dye passed through a canula in the back of my hand. I don't know if you know but when I went for my colonoscopy, it took the Dr 8 attempts to canulate me. Needless to say, I came out like a watering can :-) Every time I go for my bloods taken or anything like that, it takes them so long to get any from me! My Mum says it is because I don't like sharing haha. Anyway... I will be sure to write another post after I have had all my investigations done :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment