Tuesday 3 September 2013

Face Mask Of The Week...

This week my skin has taken quite a beating. What with all the crying and generally feeling very down (Click HERE to find out why) my skin has in return provided me with a few blemishes and dry patches.  
 
I usually carry out a facemask every week on a Saturday/Sunday but since I had a terrible time at the weekend I just didn't have time. Due to this, I thought I would give my skin an extra treat today and use the Montagne Jeunesse Hot Chocolate Pore Cleansing Sauna Masque.
 
 
 
This is a new mask from Montagne Jeunesse and is self heating and deep pore cleansing. It contains Mediterranean clay to cleanse out any dirt and oil from deep within your pores and rich dark chocolate and orange oil to leave your skin soft and smooth.
 
Before I applied the mask I fully cleansed my face with my Organic Surge Gentle Cleansing Lotion.
 
When I opened the packet I immediately noticed the smell, it smells just like Terry's Chocolate Orange and is absolutely divine! I had to restrain myself from licking it, that's how good it smells!
 
I applied the mask all over my face and under my chin paying particular attention to the areas where I have blemishes. As soon as the mask touched my face the self heating action began, it did feel as though your face was in a sauna, it was hot enough to enjoy the sensation without feeling as though your skin is burning and the warm feeling lasted until I washed the mask off. The heating element helps to open the pores and clear out any impurities.
 
After applying all over my face, there was enough in the packet to do another application so my mum applied the mask too - I love this about the Montagne Jeunesse masks, most of them come with enough product for two applications, perfect for having a girly pamper day!
 
 
 
The consistency of the product is perfect, it isn't at all sticky and gloopy and it's thin enough to easily apply but also thick enough so that it doesn't drip from your face or make a mess whilst applying.
 
Because of the heating element, this mask doesn't set, so your not stuck trying not to talk or move your face for 15 minutes! Perfect if like me you love talking!! 
 
The instructions recommend leaving on for 10-15 minutes but I always leave on for an extra 5 minutes. When it came to washing it off, it easily wiped away with hot water and a muslin cloth (a flannel or any face cloth you have would do the same). My skin immediately felt refreshed and very clean! It looked more radiant and my blemishes and dry patches weren't as noticeable. It generally looked in better condition. On top of that, my skin felt very soft and smooth. Although it felt clean it didn't feel tight unlike after using some face masks, there was also no residue left behind.
 
After patting my face dry I completed my night time routine (Click HERE) and finished by applying a small layer of Organic Surge Blissful Daily Moisturiser all over my face.
 
I don't usually get any more blemishes after using facemasks but I know that some people can get a bad breakout a few days after due to all the impurities being drawn out, just something to be aware of. They do usually clear up as quick as they came though and leave your skin in a much better, clearer condition afterwards.
 
What I love about the Montagne Jeunesse range is that they are all vegetarian friendly - they only use natural products and they don't test on animals! Perfect for everyone!! This face mask and most of the others in the range are £1 and can be bought from most Pharmacies & Supermarkets or from the Montagne Jeunesse website (Click HERE)- I personally bought mine from Asda.. Click HERE. Asda currently have an offer and the Montagne Jeunesse range where you can buy 4 face masks for £3.
 
What is your favourite facemask? Can you recommend another type from the Montagne Jeunesse range?
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I nominated you for a Liebster Award see my post for details http://alwaysblabbing.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-)
      I have already been nominated in the past but I will write a post answering your questions if that is ok :-)
      Thank you again, it means a lot!

      Laura
      Xx

      Delete