Wednesday 7 August 2013

MUA - My Favourite Products From The Brand

Hi Guys,
 
Since I have been buying a lot of MUA products recently to try out (because they are so cheap!) I thought I would do a blog post on my favourite products from the MUA brand! I have done reviews on a few of these products already but this is a summary. I have linked all of the products so you can click on them to have a look :-)
 
 
 


1) Cover & Conceal Wand - This has to be one of my favourite MUA products at the moment. I use this on a daily basis to cover blemishes and dark circles under my eyes. I have the shade fair but it does also come it two other shades - natural & almond. The formula is very lightweight yet it covers any flaws completely whilst still looking natural! It is long lasting and doesn't crease whilst wearing. I would not be without this product! It is one of the best concealers I have ever used and at just £1.50 its a steal!
 
 
 
 
2) Matte Perfect Loose Translucent Powder (Click HERE for full review) - This is a good shine control loose powder! I don't use this on a daily basis but I do use it for the days where my skin is extra shiny. I have combination skin so day to day my skin varies. As long as you apply just the right amount and not too much then this product is brilliant! It does state that it keeps the shine away for the whole day but since I suffer with quite oily skin at times I found that I did have to reapply a few times throughout the day. It sets your foundation, eliminating any oil whilst still letting just enough of a dewy glow shine through. It is very finely milled which means that it disappears and absorbs all oil/shine so you can't tell you have a powder on. This costs £2.30 on the MUA website.
 
 
3) Trio Of Eyeshadows In Shade Innocence - This eye trio is amazing! The eyeshadows are super super pigmented, so easy to work with and easy to blend. You would not think that this eyeshadow was from a drugstore brand. The staying power is unbelievable! I don't have to wear an eye primer as it lasts all day without smudging or creasing. This trio has three neutral shades - Cream, light brown & dark brown meaning it is great for creating a neutral smoky eye! All from the same trio! These are the colours that I tend to wear on a daily basis and at the moment the trio is in the sale for £1.25 - that's £1.25 for 3.. yes 3 eyeshadows!! Even at full price this product is amazing value.
 
 
 
 
4) Fashionista Double Take Lipstick - I have this lipstick in shade 3 - Babydoll Pink. It is just as it sounds and is a baby pink colour. The colour makes me feel very happy when I look at it. The lipstick is very pigmented, creamy on application and very hydrating on the lips, however, the finish is matte! I didn't know this when I bought the product as I don't usually like matte lipsticks but this has changed my views completely. This is not drying to the lips at all! It still manages to feel hydrating and creamy whilst being completely matte! There are 10 shades in this range, so if baby pink isn't your thing there are others to choose. This has being hugely discounted on the MUA website. It was originally £7, then it was reduced to £3 and now it is only a mere £1.50! What a bargain!  
 
 
5) Lipstick (Full review can be found HERE ) - I have a variety of shades in this product range. My favourites are; Shade 5, Shade 7 & Shade 14. Altogether, they have 16 shades in this collection and I am sure by the end of the year I will have accumulated all 16. Once again, these lipsticks are super pigmented and I love applying it, It is so creamy and feels amazing on the lips! The smell of the product is very sweet and vanillary, it is quite a nice scent! They do stay on the lips for a decent amount of time, a lot longer than I expected them to. The finish is very glossy but the amount of product needed depends on the colour of the lipstick and the finish you want to achieve. You can pick these lipsticks up for £1 each. What an absolute bargain! (The picture shows Shade 5)
 
 
6) Single Pearl Eyeshadow - I have quite a few different shades in this range but my favourites are; Shade 3, Shade 14 & Shade 24. These shadows are super pigmented  and the colour payoff is amazing! They come in a large pan and I am yet to reach pan on any of the shadows I have even when I use them every day. Application is smooth and the shadows are very workable, they are very easy to blend and I haven't experienced any fall out whilst using them. All of the shades I have are exceptionally long lasting without any smudging or creasing, even when a primer isn't used. When wearing these, my shadow looks the same when I go to take my makeup off as when I applied it. I particularly like shade 24 and I quite often wear this in the day time. The beauty of these shadows is that they are perfect for either night or day, they can be built up to achieve the look you want. There is also a matte range but I don't like this as much as the pearl range as they aren't as pigmented and easy to work with. These shadows are £1 - perfect, if you like experimenting! (The picture shows Shade 14).
 
 
Please let me know if you have enjoyed this post and if you would like me to do more brand favourites!
 
To view the MUA website please click the MUA logo below. If you want to view the range they have at Superdrug, please click the Superdrug logo.
 
Laura
X
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment