Tuesday 13 August 2013

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Retro Glam - To Buy Or Not To Buy?!

Rimmel have recently released a new Scandal Eyes mascara, known as the Retro Glam. I am so undecided on whether to buy it or not. The advertising is brilliant and I am hooked on the 60's retro, wide eyed, false lash, volumised, NO clumps look. (What a mouthful!)
 
However.. I was so disappointed with the first Scandal Eyes! So much so that I threw it in the bin! It just didn't do what I expected it to do! It claimed to volumise, define and coat lashes you never thought you had. It did coat all the lashes.. but it also coated the whole of my eye lids! If I was after the Panda look then this would have been brilliant! It didn't make my lashes look any different other than them being a big clumpy mess! I absolutely love a big brush, so I thought this would be perfect for me! Unfortunately, the product was just too wet, took ages to dry and put too much product on the lashes (hence why I got it all over my face).
 
So why am I even thinking about purchasing the Retro Glam you ask? Basically, I'm a sucker for advertising and the advertising campaign for this product is immense! For some reason I believe Rimmel when they say it will create:
 
  • A wide-eyed false lash look
  • Fanned out volume. No clumps
  • Lashes Up, out and over the top
  •  
    It is currently on offer at Boots for £4.99 - Click HERE which is £2 off. £4.99 is a great price for a mascara that claims to do all of the above. IF this mascara is as wonderful as Rimmel are making out then I would be stupid to not purchase it right? Could this mascara be so amazing that it replaces my Maybelline The Falsies? 
     
    I think by the end of this week the Scandal Eyes Retro Glam will be in my collection and once again the advertising will have won. I just cannot help it! If nothing else it will make a good review!
     
    Have you tried the Scandal Eyes range? What did you think?
     
    Laura
    Xx

    No comments:

    Post a Comment