Thursday 1 August 2013

Jemma Kidd Mannequin Skin Complexion Enhancer Review

 Hi Guys,
 
It has taken me a few months to review the JK Mannequin Skin Complexion Enhancer. This is mainly to do with the fact that I needed to find the best way to use the product for me. There are quite a few different ways in which this product can be used and the way that is best for me is not necessarily best for you.
 
JK Mannequin Skin Complexion Enhancer claims to 'Illuminate & perfect whilst minimising any flaws and provide an instant super model complexion' - I 110% agree with this statement and I feel that this is one of the best products I have used in a long time. It comes in one shade only which is 'Canvas' so this product is perfect for any skin tone.
 
 
As stated above, the product can be used in various ways.
It can be:
  • Used as a primer before putting foundation on
  • Mixed in with foundation/tinted moisturiser/BB cream
  • Used on its own
  • Used as a liquid highlighter
I personally feel that the best way to use this product is as a primer. It brightens, perfects, and minimise any flaws which also shows through any foundation that is applied afterwards, meaning that you have the instant supermodel complexion as described above. The product is very easy to apply and is ultra light meaning that it is easy to blend. (I use my fingers to apply and blend the product.) It is not cakey/heavy at all and doesn't feel as though you have applied any product to the face. I found that once I had applied the JK Mannequin Skin Complexion Enhancer, my foundation was a lot easier to blend and work with. I would highly recommend this product as a primer alone as my foundation lasted twice as long as it normally would and stayed looking the same all day as when I applied it - no other primer has ever achieved this! On top of using it as a base primer under my foundation, I also used it as an eye primer and once again my eye makeup lasted twice as long as it normally would and stayed looking the same all day. The results afterwards are just... WOW - the skin looks gorgeous! It provides a nice dewy finish without looking shiny - I have combination skin so this can be very difficult to achieve - this product provided just the right amount of glow! Another thing I noticed is that my skin looked amazing in photographs - it really does provide a supermodel complexion!
 
 
 
I have tried this product on its own and if you have good skin then you can definitely get away with using the product like this. I was very pleased with the results as it does minimise any flaws and instantly brighten the skin to give a healthy glow all year round. Adding a foundation on top just perfects things even more.
 
I also tried the product as a liquid highlighter. I don't know if its because I don't like liquid highlighters anyway but I really didn't get on with using the product in this way. There was nothing wrong with the way the product applied, I just didn't like the finish.
 
I am yet to try mixing the product in with my Foundation/Tinted Moisturiser/BB Cream but I feel as though this would minimise the effects of the product - such as, not perfecting the skin as much and possibly dulling the brightening/illuminating aspect.
 
The only downside to this product in my eyes is the smell. Other people have commented and said how they love the smell but to me it just smells of fake tan!! Very much like digestive biscuits!! Because of the WOW factor this product has and the noticeable difference I notice in my complexion every time I wear it, I can ignore the smell and it doesn't last very long anyway :-)  
 
Overall, I would definitely recommend the JK Mannequin Skin Complexion Enhancer and I will be repurchasing in the future.
 
You can find JK Mannequin Skin Complexion Enhancer online at ASOS.com for £14 :-)
 
Laura
X
 

No comments:

Post a Comment